With over 1 in 3 marriages now ending in a divorce, more and more couples are thinking of entering into a pre-nuptial agreement than ever before. These agreements are usually associated with America or Europe but are becoming more common in the UK too. Now...
Acas Advice on Workplace Dress Codes
The Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (Acas) has issued new guidance for employers who wish to impose dress standards in the workplace.
The key points to bear in mind are:
- Employers should have sound business reasons for applying a particular dress code;
- Dress codes must apply to both men and women equally, although they may have different requirements;
- Reasonable adjustments must be made for disabled people when dress codes are in place;
- Employers must avoid unlawful discrimination in any dress code policy; and
- There may be health and safety reasons for having certain standards in place.
The guidance can be found here.
Contact us if you would like advice on this subject.